Obesity put kids at risk of serious health problems, including diabetes, heart disease, and asthma.
Children who are overweight or obese can reach a healthy weight with the aid of their parents and family. Good nutrition, limiting takeaway and unhealthy foods, increasing physical activity and seeking professional advice can all help. Crash diets, diet pills or humiliating or teasing an overweight child doesn’t help.
Obesity in kids is dangerous because this makes them prone to diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and sleep problems. Obesity is the accumulation of unnecessary fat within the body and treating obesity in kids is a struggle. Improper diet, unhealthy lifestyle, eating habits and heredity are few reasons for obesity in kids. A healthy and nutritious diet can help cure obesity in kids.
The amount of children who are obese or overweight is growing in an alarming rate. Extra pounds put kids at risk of serious health problems, including diabetes, heart disease, and asthma. Childhood obesity also takes a psychological toll. Overweight children are frequently teased and excluded from team activities, be responsible for low self-esteem, negative body image, and depression. However, using the right support, encouragement, and positive role modeling, you are able to help your child reach and maintain a healthy weight.
Diet for Obese Kids
Overweight and obesity often start during the main school years. This is a major concern because many overweight children continue being overweight as adults. The main affect on the diet and lifestyle of primary school children is the parents. Simple techniques in the home might have a dramatic effect.
- Diagnose the explanation for obesity in your child. Consult a doctor to understand if it is genetic or biological problem.
- Give less quantity of food at short intervals. Go for healthy snacks when your child is hungry. Vegetable or fruit salad is a healthy snack for kids.
Start a weight management program for stopping obesity in kid. Measure the weight and look for the desired weight which is best for the little one based on the height.
- Physical activities might help treat obesity in kids. Instead of letting your son or daughter become a couch potato watching cartoon, attempt to play with him/her. This helps burn calories while keeping one’s heart healthy. Try aerobic exercise such as walking, jumping, running, cycling and swimming to deal with obesity in kid.
- Exclude junk food from the kid’s diet. Fast food items for example French fries, hamburgers, chips, fried chicken, milkshakes are full of trans fat which leads to heart diseases within the later ages.
- Avoid giving carbonated drinks. It just adds fat to the body and have any nutritional value.
- Include low fat dairy products that have less calories and fats.
- Limit time spent on watching television and doing offers on computer. It is best to obtain the kid involve in activities which can help reduce weight.
- Even sweetened drinks for example juice and flavored milk can cause obesity in kids. Prefer giving low-fat milk.
- Always try to let the kid when you are in the process for stopping obesity. Obese kids are prone to depression. Show your ex and care whilst trying to treat obesity.