Kundalini Yoga is also called Raj Yog meaning Royal Yoga. This Yoga technique is an energy releasing Yoga method that is both physical and spiritual. Typical Yoga in the western world consists mainly of Hatha or Vinyasa Yoga. Where they are somewhat general Yoga forms, the Kundalini Yoga form concentrates on the untapped energy (prana) in the base of the spine.
Yogis consider Kundalini to become the yoga of awareness. Although most yoga styles incorporate spirituality into classes at some level, Kundalini strives to create connection to a higher nature or divinity its goal.The term “kundalini” represents a spiritually-based, coiled serpent, who through yoga techniques, can uncoil and produce awareness of the universe and spirituality towards the practitioner.
Kundalini is an ancient type of Yoga, and was a secret art that was practiced by royalty, and also the spiritually elite. This type of Yoga has only been practiced in the western world for a relatively short time. Prior to the late 1960’s Kundalini was not taught to the general public.
The course was designed that this energy once released, could be brought up through your body which awakens the seven Chakras because it flows upwards. The stored energy called Kundalini will most usually be regarded as a snake that is coiled up at the base of the spine, and as it uncoils its energy is released, which opens up your seven chakras.
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga
- Kundalini yoga alleviates mental and physical linked to stress to a number of lifestyle.
- It also helps to increase the blood circulation, lymph and other fluids from the body.
- Performing this yoga regularly brings natural joy and pleasure alive.
- The functioning from the lungs is also improved with this yoga.
- It strengthens the defense mechanisms and nervous system in addition to balances the emotions.
- Increase physical energy for various physical and mental activities by opening the 7 chakras lying in your body.
- If you perform this yoga regularly, it will help you to lose weight by burning calories which are stored in the body.
- Practicing kundalini yoga gives greater peace and skill to stay calm & quiet during the time of difficulties.
- Kundalini yoga helps you to eliminate bad habits like smoking and alcohol dependency.
- Performing this yoga regularly brings clearness of thought within the minds of the people to allow them to make better decision and provide high performance in various fields of life.
- Kundalini yoga increases the sense of happiness and confidence in addition to heightens the senses.
- Performing this yoga allows you to overcome from negativity as well as to increase positive attitude and feelings.
Risks of Kundalini Yoga
- Irregular breathing
- Involuntary body movements
- Body pain
- Immoral behavior
- Burning and inflammation
- Severe alterations in appetite
- Hypersensitivity to heat and cold
- Mental confusion